Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Third Blog's the Charm: What I'm Doing Here

Hello everyone! I'm Kaitlyn, better known as kaitlynwithakay on the YouTubes. Lots of vloggers are getting back into blogging these days, and I too have decided to board the blogging train. I almost missed it. I had to run to catch it before it left the station, but here I am.

...Yeah. I am unnecessarily witty sometimes. Or maybe I just think I am.

(I am also a grammar freak, but I do allow myself to break rules for blogging purposes. I know that "Or maybe I just think I am" is a fragment, but using a fragment there better reflects how I naturally speak. It makes my blog more like a conversation with me.)

I used to love blogging. I started with a deadjournal because my friends were doing it, but that site seriously creeped me out. So I later switched to a livejournal, and I had a nice little community of loyal followers there for a while. They engaged me in stimulating comment conversation. Eventually, though, the livejournal community started dying down, and my livejournal became a mostly unread outlet for venting vaguely about my boy problems. It was very angsty and very repetitive. While I think it was good for me to have that outlet at the time, I want to move on and start anew.

VEDA is almost over, and I'm feeling happy/sad. It's been fun having a vlog project and an excuse to make stupid vlogs more often, but it has sometimes been stressful. I alleviated some of the stress by giving myself weekends off, but I've been ridiculously busy all month (it is April, after all). Making a video every day also drastically cut my numbers of views and subscribers. I'm not sure why people hated that I made videos more often. Why did they subscribe in the first place? Ah well. It's been an interesting ride, and overall I'm glad I did it.

As it is prep week, I should be studying or something. I guess I'll go eat some Special K (oh yeah, I've been on the Special K diet for about a week now) and memorize my Italian songs. I'll end by posting several links to other places you can find me on the internet.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/kaitlynwithakay
My Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kaitlynwithakay
My DailyBooth: http://dailybooth.com/kaitlynadele
My old LiveJournal: http://rollybooksacks.livejournal.com/

Love your life, everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Just as I was getting on the livejournal train too. But I've been on quite a few blogging trains. I think my first was xanga, then myspace for a while, followed by facebook notes and finally blogger and livejournal...ya, I may have commitment issues :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad to see that you are blogging again.

    ReplyDelete