Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yale trip, day 1

I'm here!!!! Ok, I haven't actually seen Yale yet, but I'm in New Haven.

This morning we left school on a chartered bus at 5:30 AM and drove 5 hours to Dallas. Then we waited 3 more hours before boarding a plane to Hartford, CT. I sat between two strange men who didn't talk to me much. I was ok with that. I wanted to sleep. Best part? We didn't crash! Haha. Have I mentioned how much I hate planes? I've flown a million times, and I know that plane crashes are relatively rare, but I'm still always surprised when I survive a flight. I guess I'm morbid like that.

Oh, and it took my right ear approximately four hours to pop once we landed. FML.

Anywho, when we arrived in Hartford it was around 5 PM, and it was already dark outside! What gives?! Stupid daily savings time! At this point we were all starving, but we still had an hour-long bus ride to New Haven. We drove, we checked in to the Omni, I changed into real pants, and some of us went to 50-cent wing night at Buffalo Wild Wings. 'Twas fun. Later we chilled at a bar and looked each other's names up on urbandictionary.com. "Lucy" was my favorite (unless retarded). Hah!

Well, this post was boring and chronological. That's probably how they're going to be while I'm here. Now I'm watching Family Guy. Oops, did it again. Alas.

See you tomorrow (unless I'm too sleepy)!

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn!!!!!!!! It's Brittany Sco. I don't blog, but I'm totally putting you on my Google Reader so that I can cyber stalk you! Look, are you going home for Thanksgiving? I have a dream that we will have a glorious reunion. Also, Austin is only 5 hours away from Shreveport. Ps, do you have plans yet to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter park when it opens? I mean...we should go.

    ReplyDelete