Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Not sure what I was thinking.

I don't have much of an excuse for this shenanigan of a meal.


I cooked some quinoa on the stove, mixed in some leftover lentils, and somehow thought I could pull it all together with a bit of balsamic vinaigrette. I found a recipe online for a warm quinoa and lentil salad, but I didn't want to go shop for all the vegetables and spices. So instead I just, you know, cut out all of the ingredients that were intended to go well with the vinaigrette. It also didn't help that the dressing poured out of the bottle way too quickly, so my meal was sort of drowned in a balsamic sea.

Verdict: Well, it tasted like quinoa and lentils covered in balsamic vinaigrette. Not much else to say about that.

I've discovered that cooking random ingredients isn't so hard: it's putting them together in an flavorful and appetizing arrangement that gives me trouble. Like, I can cook the quinoa no problem, but then what do I do with it? I should reemphasize my unwillingness to go back to the grocery store. I was just there yesterday.

On a side note, I'm becoming quite fond of lentils. And asparagus. God, I love me some asparagus. I just wish it didn't make my pee smell so weird.

In other news, I'm about 30 pages from the end of The Fault in Our Stars, and I'm going to see John and Hank tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment