Thursday, January 19, 2012

Success!!!!

I finally made something delicious! It wasn't perfect, but I liked it a lot.


Alright, I know it looks weird, and it kind of was. I just grabbed a bunch of ingredients I felt like eating and sautéed them together. This concoction contained leftover quinoa, sliced baby carrots, sliced zucchini, and a sliced vegan hot dog. (I'm completely serious.)

I was shocked by how well the quinoa and veggie dog went together. Seriously, that combination was fantastic. The actual veggies went pretty well in the mix too, but I should've cooked them a little longer. I didn't get the cooking order right - I should've put the veggies in the pan first, then the "meat," then the quinoa. (Note to self: just because it looks like meat doesn't mean it cooks like meat.) I also could've cut the veggies into thinner slices.

Oh, and the secret to my sauté success? Just Pam. Hahaha. For reals!

No comments:

Post a Comment