Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Books for the Summer

It's been my tradition for the past few summers to set a reading goal for myself. This goal-setting extravaganza began the summer after my freshman year of college - the first summer in an insanely long time that I didn't have any school-assigned summer reading. That first summer's goal was simply "read books this summer." That one I achieved. The next summer's goal was to re-read Harry Potters 1-6, as book 7 was coming out that summer. It took me until about October to get through the whole series, though. Then last summer I said I would read 10 books before school started, and, again, I didn't finish all ten until about October. Did I mention I'm a really slow reader? Always have been. Intense love for reading crossed with an inability to read a normal speed - it's just one of the crosses I bear.

THIS YEAR I'm setting the ten-book goal again, but, as usual, don't expect me to finish on time. Here's my tentative list of choices (in a sort-of-but-not-really particular order):

-The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson (check)
-Harry, A History by Melissa Anelli
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (re-read - must prepare for the movie release!)
-Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
-The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
-Paper Towns by John Green (the Australian version that I bought in Australia)
-Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding
-The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to a Nation, Vol. 1: The Pox Party by M.T. Anderson
-The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
-Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk

Yeah.....I'm never gonna finish that. I'll try, though. I want to re-read An Abundance of Katherines too, but alas, I'm currently letting someone borrow it.

Subscribers: 1,094

1 comment:

  1. Lullaby is such a great book. Intense and weird....but in a good way!!

    ReplyDelete