Thursday, June 18, 2009

Underpaid and Overfed

Blockbuster really isn't that bad of a gig, but sometimes it makes me nuts. It's not the company; it's the crazy people. It's the people who assume that I have no goals in life other than working in this blue-collar position. No, I can't possibly be working a summer job between semesters at college. It's safe to assume that I have no drive or work ethic.

Really, a lot of our customers are perfectly nice, but it just takes a few idiots to ruin it for the rest of them. Like the ones who think I don't know how to do my job. Today a woman insisted that we give her boss a receipt every times he returns a movie. No, we don't. We've never done that. Ever. I don't even think that's possible. It certainly wasn't in my training. And then there was the lady who couldn't grasp the concept of a "valid credit card." We told her we had to have one on her account. She tries giving us three different cards, all of which expire this month. It was ridiculous. Her own son started to get annoyed with her.

My job does have its perks, though, such as getting to rent Confessions of a Shopaholic before it's available to the public.

On a random note, we received a shipment of candy today that had a new kind of M&M's - Strawberried Peanut Butter. Not strawberry - strawberrIED. Is that even a verb? "To strawberry?" How does one go about strawberrying?

Speaking of food, I eat too much. I had rice, peas, and broccoli for dinner. Then I fell asleep for about an hour, which did nothing to get my digestive system going. Then I ate a big bowl of ice cream. I wasn't hungry, and I didn't even want ice cream all that much. I just felt like eating it. And THEN I ate a piece of pizza just because it was there. I know I look thin, but I was thinner a year ago. I'm sure I could lose the 5 pounds if I broke up with cheese, but I'm not willing to do that. I love food too much. Yay food!!!

Subscribers: 1,097

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Kaitlyn, breaking up with cheese is a tough thing to do. I mean, cheese is such a great guy! Even when he doesn't treat girls right, we can't leave him. Cheese is such a manipulator! ;)

    ReplyDelete