Sunday, July 12, 2009

Potter Pooper

I really haven't been all that excited about Half-Blood Prince. I know I SHOULD be. No one in the world is a bigger Harry Potter fan than I am. Granted, I'm sure there are many people who are tied with me, but no one loves it MORE. Except maybe Jo Rowling. I guess she wins that one by default.

Actually, maybe that's why I'm not jazzed about the new movie. The movies are cool and all (well, even that's debatable), but the fact remains that there are no more books. The movies just don't do it for me like the books do, even with the ridiculously attractive starring trio (You know episode of 30 Rock where Frank is "ONLY gay for Jamie"? Well, I'm ONLY gay Emma Watson. Lolz. But seriously, she's hot.) I mean, I haven't even bought my tickets yet.

Canon snob aside, one little thing just happened that rekindled my excitement a little. I've been watching Heroes obsessively all summer. Season 3 is only on Hulu until August 1st, and my family is about to go on vacation for the rest of the month. So yeah, CRUNCH TIME! I just finished episode 17. At the end of the episode, Angela tells Bennet that he has to fully commit convincingly to that which he is trying to bring down from the inside. She says that he will have to make many difficult choices to prove his loyalty (i.e. capture and/or kill people if necessary). It all started to sound a little too familiar to me. Have you guessed why?.........

.......BENNET IS TOTALLY SNAPE IN THIS SITUATION!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! And now a have a bit of the Potter-anticipation butterflies in my stomach. :-P

And ok, I'll admit it. That seriously epic version of "Hedwig's Theme" at the end of the HBP really gets me going.

As far as real life goes, not much goes on. My mom, my brother, and I went to see The King and I at the little theatre last night. Mrs. Ellis, my former voice teacher, was Anna, and my old friend Mike was Lun Tha. My all-time favorite lesbian (lolz), Talia, was Tuptim. They were all fantastic. It was so great to see them again. Even Mrs. Ellis' two kids, whom I hadn't really seen since I was in high school, were in the show. They're so precious.

They announced the show for next summer - The Sound of Music. I've already been in this show 3 times (as Gretl, a nun, and Louisa). Still, I've decided I'm gonna go for it, as this is probably my last shot at playing Liesl. Everyone tells me I look 16, so I'm going milk this flat chest for all it's worth. I am babyface, hear me roar.

That's all for this installment of my preposterous blog. Catch you kids on the flip side.

Subscribers: 1,110

3 comments:

  1. grr, blogger ate my comment! take 2:

    Definitely a Nerdfighter (in case there was any doubt) with the Bennet/Snape comparison.

    Good luck on getting Liesl! But only if you do the "Wheeeeeeeeeeee!" like in the movie :-p

    I'd settle for the smallest part just to be able to be in a version of The Sound of Music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I remember thinking that about Bennett and Snape . . . not in all caps like that, but I do remember thinking it.

    Um . . . I do know a couple people who might be able to give you a run for your money as far as Harry Potter fandom is concerned. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit something.....I never read any of the Harry Potter books....it is my hidden shame. So I am excited for the movie as I've been looking forward to it since November. Though I'm going to wait a week or two after it opens so I can avoid the first rush of crowds. Good luck with "The Sound of Music" which happens to be one of my favorite things. Oh, and when were you a blonde?

    ReplyDelete