Thursday, July 9, 2009

Putting the "pot" in Potter, lolz.

So Jamie Waylett, who plays Crabbe in the Harry Potter films, was arrested for possession of marijuana. And then they found even more weed growing in his backyard. Looks like he could go to jail for up to five years.

I just saw the story on the news. Can you guys what the headline was? Yup. "Putting the 'pot' in Potter." Oh yes.

Now, if I were a responsible blogger, I would talk about how I'm so disappointed in Jamie and how people in the spotlight should be setting a good example. But I can't. Why? Because when I hear about something like this, I think, "Dude, this shit is awesome!!"

I don't know why, but I love it when this kind of thing happens. I think it's hilarious. It just makes me smile when someone who has so much to lose, who knows that EVERYONE will hear about it if he gets caught, is willing to stick it to the man like that. Remember all the hullaballoo surrounding Michael Phelps when he got caught? I didn't lose respect for him. I thought he was even more of a badass.

Granted, it totally sucks that Jamie's facing potential jail time. I hope that doesn't happen. Then again, I don't think that marijuana should be illegal.

But that's a story for another day.

On an unrelated note, I just watched Yes Man, and I was quite impressed. I think it's the first Jim Carrey comedy that didn't make me cringe. And I love love love Zooey Deschanel.

That's all for today. I'm gonna go Hulu some Heroes. Trying to finish season 3 by next Wednesday. Time has been crunched.

Heroes-watching status:Season 3, Episode 11
Subscribers: 1,105

1 comment:

  1. I love Yes Man too! My cousin (who is basically my best friend) and I absolutely adored it! Zooey Deschanel is a complete doll and how could you not love the boss who was into Harry Potter! All the critics compared it to "Liar,Liar" but I hate that movie so, once again, the critics are wrong : ) Have an absolute great weekend!

    ReplyDelete