Monday, September 28, 2009

Carry on, my wayward life.

I had my last first choir tour of the year with the CCC over the weekend. Even though I was sick from a terrible flu-like virus, I didn't have to try too hard. The tour was to my hometown, and I got to stay at my house. I also brought five other choir kids home with me for the night, and Ben came over to hang with us. It's so bizarre when my worlds collide like that - my family and my friend from home intermingling with college friends who look completely foreign in this environment. It was pretty fun, though. We ate pizza and stayed up way too late watching the idiots on CMT's "The Singing Bee." One girl actually didn't know the chorus of "Carry On Wayward Son." I was horrified.

Speaking of which, why did Kansas have to drop the "my" from the song's title? Was the confusion caused by the omission of the word really worth the space they saved without those two letters?

Regardless, I'm feeling much better now. I've actually been feeling pretty good since Friday, when the doctor gave me a butt shot. Man, that thing must have been magical. In a few hours' time I was feeling good enough to go see the technically-bad-but-still-kind-of-fun Fame.

Oh, something else happened during tour - I became aware of my director's knowledge of my YouTube channel. We were in line for dinner Sunday night, and he asked me what type of sandwich was on a certain tray, even though he had already touched one. So he had to take it, whether or not he cares for pimento cheese. I told him he could have just read the sign on the table, and he chuckled sheepishly. Then he said something to the effect of "I better watch what I say around you, or I might accidentally give you material for your YouTube." I was filled with mixed feelings of awkward embarrassment over the revelation and amusement because he thought our conversation might actually be YouTube-worthy.

Anywho, today is my dad's 55th birthday! He had to be in a nearby city for work, so tonight went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. I also brought Christopher and Rachel. It was slightly awkward, as long stretches of alone time with my dad typically are, but I thought it was a nice night. I hope they did too. We got back to my apartment around 8:30, and somehow we were all completely exhausted. I could've gone to bed right then, but my dad wanted to check my car. Meanwhile, I showed Rachel and Christopher some Barats and Bereta and Dave Days. After that, plus a brief discussion of what prominent YouTubers I don't like (which does not include Barats and Bereta or Dave Days!), everyone left. And now I'm here, blogging alone instead of sleeping. It's still only 10:40. Oh my damn.

I had more to say, but screw it. It can wait a day or two. Goodnight, everyone!

Yeero Yeero indulgences this school year: 7
Pop-Tarts this school year: 6
Subscribers: 1,138

No comments:

Post a Comment