Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dumb Bitch Chronicles, Ep. 2

I'm not even in a bad mood today, but dumb bitch Andromeda has really been making the rounds lately. I just have to blog about it.

Every year my college choir does a big concert in late fall called Rhapsody. It's our biggest fundraiser, and every choir member is required to sell 15 tickets. If we don't sell them all, we have to pay for the ones we don't sell. It's pretty aggravating, not to mention a huge financial burden for the unlucky ones, but I usually don't have a problem. I also sing in a church choir, and almost everyone there wants Rhapsody tickets. A lot of them are alumni of the college choir. Should be easy for me, right? Normally, yes. This year, not so much.

Enter Andromeda. Two days after we receive our tickets, she takes it upon herself to go to church and sell FORTY TICKETS. Forty. Remember how I said we only have to sell fifteen? There is absolutely no fathomable reason for any one person to sell over double what is required when there are sixty more of us who need to sell tickets. Oh, and you want to know the best part? She's planning to use her excess sales to "help the other altos" at school, as opposed to those of us who actually go to this church. So basically, the rest of us are fucked because we don't sing alto. I have nowhere else to sell tickets. The injustice of the situation makes my blood pressure rise to a dangerous level.

One last point. This is a minor injustice in comparison, but it's the principle of the thing. Today our director asked us who could put up Rhapsody posters at their churches, and Andromeda remained conspicuously silent. What, you sell out the place, and you don't even have the decency to put up a damn poster to remind people of the dates of the concert? I'm not sure if I've been clear up to this point, but this girl really grinds my gears.

Uh...anyone out there in Internetland wanna buy a Rhapsody ticket? :-P

In other news, John Green's Paper Towns came out in paperback in America earlier this week. Sadly, neither of my ten-word comments were deemed good enough to win a copy from John. I thought they were pretty clever.

1. My bobble head arrived today! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
2. I kicked a Hummer today. I can has Paper Towns?

Sure, the second one was lame, but the first one was a poetry reference!!! Haha. Oh, well. John Green apparently cannot be swayed even by the likes of Lewis Carroll.

And that's all I have for today, kids. My cortisone shot is starting to wear off, so I'm going to take some antibiotics and sleep off this crappy feeling. Cheerio!

Yeero Yeero indulgences this school year: 7
Pop-Tarts this school year: 6
Subscribers: 1,138

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That andromeda chick needs to be swept into a black hole. I'm sorry, my astronomy isn't good but I think that makes sense. Anyway, this girl sounds horrible. So sorry you have to deal with her. Good luck selling those tickets though!

    By the way, does this girl actually go to your church or did she just go there to sell tickets? Because that would make that even more annoying.

    ReplyDelete