Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 15: To Insanity and Beyond

Life update: I think I want to go to grad school in publishing.

Why am I telling you this now, on the eve of my first day as a REAL TEACHER?
-it was on my mind
-I haven't blogged in a few days
-writing this blog right now means I don't have to work on my lesson plans and syllabi yet

Besides, I've always known that I don't want to get my masters in music.

I will now tell you the reasons why I want to study publishing.
-I love books more than I love most other things
-I love grammar and correcting other people's grammar
-I'm a pretty good writer
-I feel like being immersed in the world of books would be wonderful

I attempted to procrastinate further by looking up grad programs. A program such as this one at Emerson College would be perfect. I know that grad programs in publishing aren't all over the place, so they're probably pretty hard to get into. We're just talking ideals here.

On a slightly different note, Emerson also has a masters in theatre education that looks pretty fun.

So yeah, I'm going to be a teacher tomorrow. I'm ready mentally, but not so much physically. I don't mean, like, my body - I mean that my syllabi and other important paperwork are not ready. My procrastination knows no bounds. If I hadn't procrastinated I could be out boating on Lake Pontchartrain with the rest of my family, but it's also pretty nice to have the house to myself today. Besides, I had to go to Shreveport yesterday to visit choir camp (which was weird and nostalgic, but it was so great to see everyone)!

I guess I should start working now, but first I'm going to finish reading this article on Inception theories. FASCINATING.

In other news, I have finally found a male celebrity crush in Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Beautiful, beautiful man. I've gotten over Emma Watson after that interesting haircut of hers.

See you on the other side, kids.
Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment