Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 18: At Least I Looked Cute Today

I am sleepy and cranky. I don't like how exhausted I am after school every day.

At least Meet the Robinsons is on tv. Boy, do I love this movie.

Today was a pretty hard day. I actually had a great day at my first school. My other school gave me a lot of grief, though. Those kids are so obnoxious. I don't think it's their fault, really; I feel like teachers have treated them a certain way for so long that they expect everyone to do the same. I tried to plan a really fun fine arts class. It should've been an easy A as long as they participated. But nooooo, they were so offended that I actually wanted them to do stuff. The few who did participate had to complain about everything.

So tomorrow we're going to watch a movie in silence. They're going to watch a movie, while I sit there and silent worry that everyone is going to quit my choir.

"Phineas and Ferb" is now on. I love this show. If you don't love this show, you must be completely unaware of how brilliant and hilarious the music on this show is. I don't remember why I decided to mention "Phineas and Ferb" in this here blog post. That's how tired I am. Either way, I love it.

OK, SO MY COMMENTS APPEAR TO BE WORKING NOW!!! So feel free to leave comments. And if you're really feeling ambitious, you can always go back and leave comments on previous BEDA posts. :-P

K, I'm going now. Let's hope tomorrow is better than today was.

Blaaaaaaahhhhh-ishly yours,
Kaitlyn

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been super exhausted. Maybe you'll be that inspiring Coach Carterish teacher who gets kids to believe in themselves lol. Praying that they don't quit your choir. Sending lots of love and positive energy and good vibes through the interwebs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's high schoolers you're talking about, then you've got quite a conundrum presented to you.

    You are a new teacher. Nay, a freshman teacher. I'd say this juvenile term is more appropriate because you're probably going to be treated similarly to how you were in freshman year as well as behave similarly as well: Unfamiliar with the "unwritten rules" of how things are run and just kinda wingin' it and hoping for the best.

    My initial advice to you is this: You can get annoyed but do not show weakness and do not be condescending to the students. Put faces to names and learn a little bit about each of them. Treat them kinda like a friend BUT do not get too close or someone will take advantage of you, (eventually). Give 'em love, even if it is tough love at times.

    ReplyDelete