Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 28: Why I Like the South

I'm about to drive to Shreveport for the weekend, so I might as well blog now before I go.

I've been thinking a lot lately about one particular thing: the south. It's all around me. I can't escape.

However, I'm going to try to stay positive today. I now present to you:

A LIST OF REASONS WHY I LIKE THE SOUTH
1. crawfish
It is delicious. You get it from basically the same place you get shrimp, but it's so much more delicious. Crawfish boils (basically redneck clam bakes) are my favorite southern pastime.

2. the word "y'all"
The dictionary may not recognize it as an official word, but it is a perfectly acceptable contraction of the words "you" and "all." It's cute. It's a delightful word to say. Most of us don't get obnoxious with it. Your average "y'all"-saying southerner doesn't sound half as bad as any given northerner who tries to make fun of the word.

3. New Orleans
It's just a really cool city. Considering how badly my own city sucks, I'm lucky to live only an hour away from New Orleans.
Also: Austin, TX. Another really cool city.

4. your hair grows faster here
It's true.

And that concludes my list of things I like about the south. Next time I will give you my (much longer) list of reasons why I hate the south. Get excited.

So now I'm going to Shreveport to see my friends and visit the kids I student-taught. Meanwhile, although I have decided I don't really care about the royal wedding, I may try to get up and watch it anyway.

Cheers!

P.S. This is post #100! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment