Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 3.5: Going Veg

Blog readers, I'm afraid I've been thinking. A dangerous pastime, I know. And since I will undoubtedly fail to blog many a day in April, I figured you wouldn't mind a double blog today.

I've already mentioned that I'm trying to be healthier and therefore working toward eventual vegetarianism. I also mentioned that I ate chicken yesterday. Fail.

I've discovered during my humble 23 years of life that it's nearly impossible to "work toward" something or "attempt to avoid" something without making a hard-and-fast goal for yourself. You're even more likely to succeed if you tell people about it.

So here's what I'm telling you, my blog readers: I'm giving up ALL MEAT for the entire month of April (plus two days into May to make up for eating that blasted chicken).

"BUT WAIT!" you exclaim. "AREN'T YOU, LIKE, TOTALLY COPYING HAYLEY?!?!?!?!"

Yes. Yes, I absolutely am. But I have no qualms about it. I have copied and/or stolen many an idea from many a YouTuber, but setting the goal of eating healthfully is the thing I feel the least guilty about copying and/or stealing. In fact, I think EVERYONE out there should copy the idea of restricting your diet in a healthy way.

I'm hoping that this experiment will help me do the following things:
1. lose weight (just enough to abolish my adorable new fat roll)
2. feel more energetic and less sluggish and bloated
3. feel comfortable in pants again
4. get so accustomed to a life without meat that I won't even want to go back when this is over
5. not die until I'm really old

It's a bit unfortunate that I've chosen to give up meat right when Louisiana is gearing up for crawfish season. That's a real bummer. Nonetheless, I can do this. I GOT THIS SHIT, YO.

Wish me luck, and feel free to offer any advice you may have! As long as it's not stupid advice.

Ciao! (lolz.)
Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment