Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 30: Tomorrow is the Month of Maying

Well, here we are. The last day of BEDA. And I'm quite alright with that.

It's safe to say that I pretty much failed yet again at blogging every day, but at least I tried (again)! I tend to need the pressure of a goal or deadline to force myself to write. I've been this way all my life. Writing papers in college was always a dramatic ordeal.

I'm currently watching a replay of the royal wedding with my mom. I did manage to wake up at 5 AM to catch the ceremony live, and I'm so glad I did. It was all so beautiful and exciting. In the days prior to the wedding I wasn't obsessed with the media coverage; in fact, I think I mentioned in my last blog post that I didn't really care about it. But when I saw it happen I changed my mind. It was impossible not to get caught up in such happy and historic occasion.

Hah, I just saw the moment when Kate got to the altar and Harry totally checked her out. He definitely wanted some of that. Chelsy who?

The ceremony music made me so giddy. It was one of those times when I love being a music nerd. I was sitting alone in my friend Ben's living room as I watched it, so I had no one to shout my reactions to but Twitter. Such tweets ranged from moments of excitement ("I Was Glad"!!! I KNOW that song!!!!) to awe (the John Rutter piece was beautiful) to occasional shameful ignorance ("God Save the Queen" is the same tune as "My Country, 'Tis of Thee"? Who knew?). I loved it all.

But where there is excitement there always must be haters. So many people had to just rant and rant about how annoyed they were at everyone's excitement. "It's just two people getting married! What's the big deal?!" Well, you know what? If you don't want to celebrate with us, don't celebrate. But you don't have to rain on our collective parade just to be contrary. Let us have our fun and be excited! It's certainly not going to hurt anyone.

Well, that's all I have for you now. I'm going to finish watching this replay. (Gosh, that dress is gorgeous! I even love the sleeves!)

It's been another fun BEDA, and I hope I can keep blogging more often. I'll definitely update soon to give you my list of reasons why I hate the south! :-)

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment