Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 10: Strokes are Scary

Tonight I witnessed someone having what could have been a small stroke. Either that or the early warning signs of a stroke. We aren't sure.

Remember that poor girl who started speaking gibberish while reporting live from the Grammys a few months ago? I know you all YouTubed the clip. The first time you watched the video it was hilarious. Then you found out she might have had a stroke, and it was horrifying.

That's kind of how tonight went down, except it wasn't being broadcast live on national tv.

I was at church to rehearse my oh-so-ADHD children's choir for their spring musical. The kids were eating their dinner, and I was in a meeting with all the adults going on our mission trip next month. We had to discuss various awkward topics such what is considered "appropriate touching." My supervisor was leading the meeting, and suddenly we noticed that she kept repeating herself. We called her out on it and laughed about it. She said she was feeling tired and "out of it." We let it go.

But then she still kept repeating herself. I swear she said the same sentence at least seven times, and every time she said it like it was a completely original thought. So then we got worried. Her tiredness quickly progressed to dizziness. She insisted she was fine, but eventually we convinced her to let someone take her to the hospital.

Well, you can imagine what sort of rehearsal we had after that, what with all the adults rushing around and the kids wanting to know what was going on. I did my best to keep them focused on the show, but there really wasn't a chance in hell of that happening.

As far as I know she's doing alright. I'm hoping we caught this situation early enough to prevent something worse from happening.

Anywho, here's my food list:
A #1 breakfast combo* from McDonald's: egg and cheese on an English muffin, a hashbrown, and an apple juice box (jealous?); a cup of green tea; two pieces of mushroom, spinach and feta pizza. And I think I'm about to go eat some pasta salad.

Alas, I must go to bed so I can wake up and be stressed at work all day.
Cheerio!
Kaitlyn**

*Even though I REALLY wanted a breakfast burrito. Apparently McDonald's can't give you a sausage burrito without the sausage. I have a hunch they aren't made fresh.
**When the heck did I start signing my blogs, anyway? It's not like you don't know who wrote it. I think I'll stop doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment