Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 17: Two Awesome Things*

Alright, so last night's BONUS POST did not happen. My mom and I rented the original Scream, so I was pretty tied up with that commitment there. I forgot that the original is more serious than any of the sequels, so my poor mother kept asking, "Uh...when exactly is it going to get funny?" Ha. It was mostly just gross, but I loved it.

However, I do feel the need to tell you about TWO AWESOME THINGS that I experienced yesterday.

Awesome Thing #1: This shirt.



Back in 1993 I was 5 years old, and I was cast in my first musical. The show was The Sound of Music, and I was Gretl's understudy. However, the director thought I was awesome enough to deserve a performance, much to the dismay of the real Gretl. The real Gretl, however, did go on to play Young Cosette in Les Mis on Broadway, and THEN she got to be Annie in the Disney TV remake in 1999. So it would seem that the real Gretl got the last laugh, except for the fact that she never acted again and now works at a Hooters in Hicksville, Louisiana.**

Matt pointed out that, thanks to the real Gretl, I have just one degree of separation from Victor Garber, Audra McDonald, Kathy Bates, and Kristin Chenoweth. So I'm pretty much a celebrity by association. Worship me.***

Awesome Thing #2: ...I honestly can't remember. Crap.

Oh, well. I'll let you know if I think of it again. It really was awesome. I promise!

K, I'm gonna go do my taxes now. Woof.

*Just one awesome thing, actually. My bad.
**I don't know if she actually works at a Hooters. It's just a widely circulated rumor, which I choose to believe because it makes my story so much better.
***You should know that I am almost always joking when I sound like I'm full of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment